Welcome to Bud’s Shop’n Save
to its current location on the corner of Routes 2 and 7. Through years of growth the store went through a major expansion to its current size in 1990.
The legacy of Bud and Tina’s local ownership also included the founding of the Pittsfield store which first opened on Hunnewell Avenue on January 22, 1959. Within a few years the store was in need of
more space and was expanded in 1968. Under the new ownership of Dan Hill and Dean Homstead in 1985, the Pittsfield store was relocated to its present location in the Somerset Plaza on June 14, 1988. Dean Homstead took over full ownership of all three locations in 2002 and expanded the Pittsfield location in 2010 to further meet its customer needs.
Bud and Tina were excited to open their third location on Church Street in Dexter on November 7, 1962. Following decades of similar success to its sister stores, this store saw major expansions in 1979 and again in 1996. The store now makes up part of a small plaza that houses a health care facility and beauty shop.
For sixty years our commitment to and support of our customers, communities, farmers, suppliers and producers has remained strong. Our reputation for fresh and outstanding food products at a great value is well known. The core and strength of our business success is our dedicated store associates. Their skills, professionalism and customer service has always been consistent.
The Bud’s Shop ‘n Save Supermarkets are locally owned stores supplied by Hannaford Bros. Company as well as numerous local growers, producers and distributors since 1953.
Bud’s Shop ‘n Save would like to thank the surrounding communities for their patronage over the past 60 years and would also like to thank its associates for their dedication and commitment which has been the success of this company.